On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Hi,
> With the integration of tagging support in GIMP we have a mechanism that
> allows us to organize resources (brushes, patterns, palettes, and
> gradients). This enables us to add a bigger set of default resources.

What I'd love to see instead/alongside is sane defaults. While Pencil
is a brush based tool, users do not actually expect it to behave like
a brush. But right now Pencil and Brush use same brush by default:
Circle Fuzzy (19), 0,90 scaled, pressure mapped to opacity. Instead
Pencil should be a Circle (03) brush, because it's a Pencil :)

I've heard that complaint from users too many times to let it slip again.