On Tuesday 21 July 2009, Rob Antonishen wrote:
> One reason to keep some image hose brushes in the default set is just
> to demonstrate that gimp supports them!  I participate in a web forum
> for amateur cartography, and one of the most common requests is how to
> use tubes with photoshop.  Most are extremely impressed that this
> capability exists in Gimp.

Thanks Rob --
that is goog reason enough.

Besides, with the current set, without these, GIMP woul be a  "100% b&w"
boring looking program - A litle bit of color in the brushes would be needed
for this reason alone, IMHO.

It is true that when lecturing on GIMP I usually to say that the best use for
the Pepper brush is to help us locate the Pixel brush, right next to it  :-)
(but then, I'd actually favor a whole set of "fruit & vegetable" brushes to
ship by default with GIMP)

Alexia also holds that they should stay in terms even more clear than Rob did:
they help one experimentt with the brush dynamics, color combination modes and
otehr painting settings in ways that generated brushes or monochrome + alpha
brushes can't help.

Now, my tagging proposal would just keep then available for people and scritps
alike, while making then 100% non-obtrusive, - I don' t understand why you
haven't commented on that.