On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 07/20/2009 10:29 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> >
> >>   * Add larger variants of the circle and fuzzy circle
> >>     brushes, say 50, 100, 250 and 500 px
> >
> > The prerequisite for this is GIMP not playing a dying turtle that
> > climbs up to Kilimanjaro top while drawing with a 200+ px brush :)
> On my computer, painting with a 500px brush on an A4 has acceptable
> performance. I don't think performance problems should keep us from
> adding better resources. It would of course be nice if someone looked
> into what exactly what is slow and if it would be easy to improve
> performance.

Ive actually looked at the process with a profiler and simply applying the
brush on canvas is what eats resources. With gegl projection/paint core and
only rendering at relevant zoom level it perhaps can be improved, but not
really as is... My objection to having a 500px brus in the resources is
however, that it is a workaround ofr a GUI ineficency and I do not like it
at all. IMHO there should not be two brushes of the same shape, instead, the
tool UI should allow for  selecting the size from a preset set of scale
results that could be very well 50, 100, 250 and 500 px for all brushes.

PS: Sorry Martin for spam.