On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:03:31 +0200
Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get your drift, but is it really reasonable to force a user to scale a
> say 250px brush to 3px if that is what he desires? It might be, but I
> don't think it is with our current scaling mechanism. What do you think
> bout offering a range of brushes that together covers a big radius
> spectrum? Since scaling currently can be done in the range 10%-1000%,
> how about these radiuses for the Circle and Fuzzy Circle ones:
>
>   10px, 50px, 250px

As a user who is constantly scaling up the largest fuzzy circle brush, I'd love
to see a different interface... but not in the form of more burshes. How about,
as Alexia suggested, a single brush and a size box, which could be a combo box
offering the "standard" sizes, plus the option to enter a custom size.
Expressing this size in pixels would make them a little less abstract than they
currently are, which would make it easier to work with.

--
Jon Senior <j...@restlesslemon.co.uk>