On 08/02/2009 12:59 PM, David Gowers wrote:
> LCH processing is definitely slower than HSV or HSL (whether optimized
> or not), so this may have an impact on display update speed (and
> consequently on user experience)

Problems with real-time responsiveness when using LCH is a good point,
and using a quicker less accurate method while painting is a good idea.

We should do other tricks when painting too for increased performance,
such as only applying a brush to the smallest possible mipmap level.
That way it will be possible to paint with huge brushes on huge images
in a zoomed out view with real-time response and projection update.
Dealing with these optimizations in a generic way would be nice.

  / Martin