On 08/03/2009 05:07 PM, SHIRAKAWA Akira wrote:
> Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> Before we add support for picking device-independent colors, the whole
>> color selector should be color managed, and it currently isn't.
 >
 > by
> "not color managed" did you refer to this specific implementation of a
> LCH color picker or rather the whole GIMP color picking system?

I'm referring to the whole GIMP color picking system. The color picked
using the default color picker is not represented in a
device-independent way. One of the consequences is that painting with a
green brush on a color managed image might not give a green stroke on
the image. The absence of a color managed color picker becomes evident
in test images which rotates color, i.e. maps e.g. RGB 0,255,0 in the
image to RGB 0,0,255 on the screen.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: