Martin Nordholts wrote:

> I intend to start working on this asap, and peter will work on a UI
> spec as soon as he gets time. If you have objections, please speak up.

I personally don't have any objection.

The current multi-window interface is not bad (it's actually quite
useful in a multi-monitor environment) but it's so radically different
from that of most other raster image editors than many people quickly
deem it as unintuitive, too hard to use and because of it don't take the
program seriously as a *powerful* open-source alternative to similar
commercial programs.

An official single windowed GIMP would draw much attention from both end
users and potentially contributing developers and would definitely be
beneficial to the whole project in the medium to long run.

--
SHIRAKAWA Akira