Thanks for the quick response Martin!
Sounds great!

Years ago I made a feature request on the bug tracker and asked for adding
support for raw images, but finally it ended in a resolved - wontfix.
But that was afaik a while before there were any intentions to switch to GEGL.
And if GEGL provides this ability by default, why not using it in GIMP? :)

For the time being I have to use UFRaw for that job.

> Hi!

> GIMP's product vision [1] is among other things to be a high-end photo
> manipulation
> application. That includes the ability to import and edit RAW images. So yes,
> some day
> that will be possible to do in GIMP.

> Regards,
> Martin
Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*