Alexandre wrote:

> What exactly do you mean?

OK, I'll try to be clearer:

mouse up/not painting/just hovering over the canvas:

show the real brush pixmap, with all the contrast we can muster
vs. the canvas under it, 100% true opacity for each stamp pixel,
reflecting brush, scale, aspect ratio, angle + hardness (?) parameters
and dynamics, but not opacity, spacing, jitter, color(gradient)
parameters and dynamics.

mouse down/painting/stroking on the canvas:

the applied 'paint' is the feedback. show nothing but a cross-hair
(again in all the contrast we can muster) at the mouse position.
this is really just there to keep users 'rooted', a confidence builder.

             man + machine interface works
 : on interaction architecture