On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 22:21 +0200, peter sikking wrote:
> Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> > Isn't this already possible with Image->Guides->{New Guide,New Guide
> > (by
> > Percent)}?  What would this "decoupling" add to this?
>
> being able to place a new guide with your mouse 'just there'
> by feeling using your expert eye.

You can already do this with guides - just drag them from the rulers.
Ruler visibility has be to toggled (when working in a "clean window")
but I would say that's less complex and more intuitive than overloading
keyboard/mouse combinations.  Rotating guides after creation is a
separate matter related to guide management, not guide creation.

I don't think current guide creation is complex enough (even when aiming
for a "clean window") to warrant separation from rulers, IMHO.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org