peter sikking wrote:

> so for everybody who feels this: _why_ do you need windows-in-window or
> work-side-by-side?

Personally, for me who I'm into drawing and digital painting (rather
than photo retouching) I can think of these reasons:

- For multiple views of the same image at different zooms at the same
time. It's useful to have a zoomed window for detail work and then a
more extended view in order check often how the whole drawing / painting
looks.
- To have one or more images as reference to copy / get inspired by.
- To tests brushes, mix colors or trying anything else without affecting
the original image.

--
SHIRAKAWA Akira