On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Cole <cole.ans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>/ For developers: CurlyAnkles gtk+ lib has tab/tile widgets I'm talking
> />>/ about: URL.
> />
>> Eeek, here is the missing URL:
>> http://curlyankles.sourceforge.net/widgets_docking.html
>
>> Alexandre
>
> Hello,
>
> I think the term single-window mode is potentially confusing.
> It's how you dock the windows together that gives the user the
> *perceived* single-window or multiple-window mode.

I'm still thinking GIMP could benefit from Eclipse-style
"perspectives", where which dialogs are visible and which are hidden
are user-defined sets that can be switched between.  The user can then
define which dialogs are useful for certain commonly occurring tasks
and quickly switch between them.  It takes a little getting used to at
first, but once you understand the paradigm you never want to go back
to managing individual windows.

Rockwalrus