Akira wrote:

If I may, I'd also like to add that I find absolutely necessary to
maximize vertical space / resolution. It has become very precious
resource lately as monitors are starting to adopt very squashed aspect
ratios (16:10 was the normality until a few years ago, but recently 16:9
screens have been introduced with virtually no increase of vertical
resolution despite the noticeable increase of horizontal one).

this was actually my topic and conclusion at my lgm talk a
year and a half ago. that was never blogged, because of
time constraints.

    --ps

            man + machine interface works