On Friday 02 October 2009 18:47:46 Vio wrote:
> This would suggest a permissions problem, but I'm not sure.
> I wonder: does Gimp need to write to the user home directory by any chance?
> In that case, 'www-data' (the apache user) doesn't have a home
> directory per se.
Gimp needs a place IIRC designated by the $HOME env variable  to have its user
settings. Ive never tried what happens if is not there even to read, but Im
not surprised it does not work. You cant try this out by running the command
you have in the rights of www-data using sudo. you should have a clear picture
what happens.