Hi,

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 16:59 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:

> So, I've written a replacement plug-in that works pretty well.
> However, the only filetype supported is still .XCF.

I don't quite understand where this limitation comes from. If you allow
the user to enter any filename, then GIMP will select a save procedure
that matches the file extension. That should work for all file-types
that GIMP knows about, not only for XCF. If it indeed does only work for
XCF, then that's a regression in the plug-in API that should be reported
and fixed for 2.8.

Sven