2009/10/22 Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com>:
>> I have the impression that the least painful way to make GEGL fast
>> SOON may be to build its desired API on top of VIPS.
>
> We can't use VIPS in GIMP because we need a dynamic graph.
> In practice that also rules out implementing GEGL with VIPS.

You could use VIPS as a backend for GEGL. You could have the dynamic
graph stuff in a layer over VIPS and on a change, rebuild the VIPS
pipeline underneath. This is how the VIPS GUI works.

Though I've not looked in detail and I'm not volunteering to do the
work :-( But it seems possible to me anyway.

John