John B wrote:
I use Gimp frequently, and I find this pretty concerning.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gimp#Noun_2

There is no way I'm wearing a Gimp T-Shirt after reading item #5.
Worse, I seem to recall the Gimp mascot being referred to as "a gimp"
in multiple occasions on the website.

IMO this would be a valid reason for a name change. Has that ever been
considered?

Silliest post I've ever seen on this list. GIMP Gnu Image Manipulation Program

The same site you cited has the following:

Adjective

gimp (comparative more gimp, superlative most gimp)

Positive
gimp

Comparative
more gimp

Superlative
most gimp

  1. (dated, Scotland and N England) Neat; trim; delicate; slender; handsome; spruce; elegant.

Patrick