On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:41 AM, vabijou2 <vabi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So just because some old farts in Scotland may have good associations with
> the word, you think that renders the rest of the English-speaking world's
> interpretation silly?  %-|
Personally, I think the question you just asks renders you silly (and arrogant)
for presuming to speak for 'the rest of the English-speaking world'.
This is an issue on which opinions *are* divided within 'the
English-speaking world'.
I personally have never seen the movie 'Pulp Fiction' on which the
interpretation of GIMP as offensive seems to come, and while I agree
that 'Pulp Fiction' is fairly famous, I believe it's rather
America-centric to assume every English speaker holds that