On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Laxminarayan Kamath
<kamat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM, David Gowers <00a...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Call it the Gnu IMP.
>> This has to be facetiousness, doesn't it?
> What about "FreeMI" ? standing for "Freedom to Manipulate Images"?
> *if* the GTK people want to rename accordingly, even that would sound
> nice "FreeTK"

Oh... wow.

Almost 8 years ago to the day, a Slashdot user in a comment proclaimed
'Vorbis is the stupidest name ever given to a piece of software.  it
should have a kick-ass cutting edge name like FreeMP3!".

A great deal of labor, a great deal of love and even more time went
into the Gimp.  I should think it common courtesey that the parents
get to name the child and it's a bit rude to even bring it up
otherwise.  Besides, you're at leat 15 years late.  This baby's in
high school.