On 11/20/09 07:01, Jerry Baker wrote:
> I keep running into the limits of gimp python so I've finally decided to
> start learning C. In python the development process is a lot faster.
> Basically "Edit File>  Save>  Run." - There are a lot more steps
> involved on the C side...
>
> I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for speeding the "Edit
>   >  Compile>  Install" process up and improving my workflow...

Without knowing the specifics of what you're doing, all I can suggest is
the use of the make utility.  You can put just about /anything/ in a
Makefile--your compile, link, and install steps can almost certainly be
reduced to one operation.

(Re-reading the above however, I noticed I've made the implicit
assumption you're using a Linux CLI---if not, never mind...)