On 11/20/2009 04:01 AM, Jerry Baker wrote:
> I keep running into the limits of gimp python so I've finally decided to
> start learning C. In python the development process is a lot faster.
> Basically "Edit File>  Save>  Run." - There are a lot more steps
> involved on the C side...

Getting up on C has a pretty steep learning curve compared to Python.

The steps involved in compiling and running are very straightforward, but
quickly debugging even relatively simple C programs is quite a bit more
complex
than the "Edit > save > run > see problem > re-edit > save > run" workflow
that characters typical python workflow.

In many cases, it helps to take the plunge with an integrated development
environment (such as Eclipse). But that's a pretty big install even if
you just
use the C/C++ option (and, of course, the python option, as you are
comfortable
with python).