guys,

I have pushed into service something that I brainstormed
(no pun intended) ages ago with Roman Joost:

a brainstorm where anybody can contribute a tip-of-the-day
for GIMP: <http://gimp-totd.blogspot.com/>

I expect this to quickly give a lot of input that (with some
manageable editing by the docs team) will grow our tips db
by an order of magnitude (or two).

when that point has been reached, we can talk again about the original
plan to give tip-of-the-day a new home in the no-image-window.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works