Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 11:18 +0100, Louise Hoffman wrote:
>>> I strongly suggest that you read the tutorial on developer.gimp.org
>>> then:
>>>
>>>  http://developer.gimp.org/writing-a-plug-in/1/index.html
>> I read that one, and it was from that, I copied a lot of the code. I
>> was why I had all this pointer and structs at first =)
>
> The code you showed us was definitely not copied from there. And it is
> correct to use the GimpDrawable struct from plug-ins. Martins advice
> that plug-ins would only refer to drawables by their integer ID is
> incorrect.

I would like to point out that the GimpDrawable struct in libgimp has a
member

   gint32    drawable_id;   /* drawable ID */

so plug-ins still refers to drawables in the core through an ID, even
though it might be indirectly through a pointer to the libgimp
GimpDrawable structure.

I agree however that my advice was misleading and stand corrected.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/