On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 08:18 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> Personally I would be _encouraged_ to further contribute to GIMP if GIMP
> had someone working full time. Having someone working full time on GIMP
> would mean that the development speed of GIMP would significantly
> increase, and it will be more fun to contribute to a project that is
> moving fast than it is to contribute to a project moving slowly, like
> GIMP is.

Having someone work on GIMP full-time is something entirely different
than paying for features. It has my full support. But I am afraid that
it will be extremely difficult to find someone capable and willing to do
this job. And it will be extremely difficult to find a company who is
willing to hire a developer and to let him/her work on GIMP full time.