On Jan 13, 2010, at 11:27 PM, Nils Philippsen wrote:

>> "yes that looks shit on platform xyz but we cannot do anything about
>> it through the builder/declarative way."
> I can't imagine why something looking shit would be due to the use of
> glade/gtk builder. Maybe I'm a bit unimaginative ;-).

Just a minor FYI...

I've not gone over the latest versions of all, but in the past this has
actually been a problem I've hit. Running UI's through several themes,
including a *few* used for accessibility is important, and can expose such

One of the initial signs to look for is if the tool lets any *physical* details
into the markup. As I recall, Qt's builder had more problems in this regards,
but it is still a good warning.