On 02/08/2010 07:41 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Omari Stephens wrote:
>> For one, as Sven pointed out, we can't ship the AdobeRGB color profile.
>>   This means that even if we know it _should_ be AdobeRGB, the user will
>> need to take some action either to make that profile available or to tag
>> it manually.
>
> Why can't you apply a profile compatible with AdobeRGB ? I've
> certainly made one available under the public domain ("ClayRGB1998.icm").
What does "compatible with AdobeRGB" actually mean?  How does
"compatible with AdobeRGB" differ from "AdobeRGB"?  (Note: I assume that
you know what you're talking about here much more than I do.)

Beyond that, if someone has the "real" AdobeRGB profile, it would be
nice if they could swap it in somehow.  Of course, the importance of
this depends on your answers to my questions above.

Either way, though, I think the EXIF problem is definitely important but
is also mostly decoupled from what I'm trying to fix right now.

--xsdg