Christopher Curtis wrote:
> What happens in a multi-head setup when I maximize an image over (say)
> a CRT and an LCD?  Does "monitor profile" take this into account?

Following the logic of the diagram, i'd say yes:
your case is equivalent to cutting an image into two pieces and printing
one piece with an ink jet and the other one with a laser printer.

In reality, the wall of monitors probably won't work like that as long
as GIMP has to manage the windows' colors. As others have said, it is
unreasonable to manage split windows at application level.

However, in those places where color is really important,
a second monitor means additional calibration cost
and an additional potential source of error, i guess.