Other plugins that save things go to the user profile directory root
(.gimp-2.6).  For example, I have:

focusblurrc
pspirc

Check the source of any of these for examples.

Alternately, if there is not much data, you could use parasites.

some plugins also create/require a subdirectory under the plugin
installed directory where things like presets are saved.  An exmpl of
this is mathmap or felimage.

-Rob A>