On 03/03/2010 09:22 AM, Jason Simanek wrote:
> Hello,

<snip>
> For web designers it is essential to have the option to either include
> or exclude color profiles on images that are created with Gimp. It would
> be great to have a checkbox on the save/export dialog or the Save for
> Web plugin dialog that would allow you to exclude the color profile.
<snip>

Please excuse this ignorant question, but....

Could someone please explain or supply a link/reference that gives more
background to the statement "For web designers it is essential to have
the option to either include or exclude color profiles on images...".

I am sure I am missing something important.  Why would you specifically
want a color profile to NOT be present ... specifically for web-use images?

Thank you.

Jay