On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 08:52 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Since the in-memory representation you get from cmsCreate_sRGBProfile()
> has the same MD5 sum as an sRGB profile opened from disk, it appears
> that it should be sufficient to use g_file_set_contents() to write it to
> disk (if that is needed at all). Or to use gimp_parasite_new() to create
> a parasite from it (which is more likely what you will want to do).

Or perhaps not. We are just creating the check-sum over the profile
header and for the built-in sRGB profile we use a hard-coded known
check-sum. So it remains to be investigated if the built-in sRGB profile
could be attached to an image and then successfully saved with an image.
It should be a simple change to plug-ins/common/lcms.c to actually make
it attach the sRGB profile. Perhaps you could give that a try and see
what happens?