just forwarding a few aspects of the GTK+ 2.20 release notes that are of
interest for GIMP:
GTK+ 2.20.0 is now available for download at:
Release notes are available at:
Changes in GtkNotebook
- GtkNotebook allows to show 'action widgets' in the space that
is not occupied by tabs. This functionality is also available
in GtkBuilder via the 'action-start' and 'action-end' child types.
That should allow us to save some space in the docks. IIRC, Martin has
plans that depend on this new API in GTK+.
Changes in the file chooser
- GtkFileSystemModel has been reimplemented, for major speedups
Performance of the file-chooser has always been an issue. Nice to see
- Embedded color profiles in png and tiff images can be stored
That is a very welcome addition as it finally allows us to add color
management for images imported and exported by DND and through the
clipboard. A very much needed improvement to color management in GIMP.
OS X changes
- GTK+ uses standard Mac keyboard shortcuts (Cmd-X/Cmd-C instead of
- The handling of multi-monitor setups has been greatly improved
Would be nice if someone could try how usable GIMP has become on a
recent native build of GTK+ on OS X.
Congratulations and a lot of thanks to the GTK+ team for this release.
Gimp-developer mailing list