On 03/23/2010 11:03 PM, Merkelvin Glasmer wrote:
> Hello,
> I just have two questions about the future of the implementation of GEGL
> into The GIMP:
> 1. I read on different websites, that in future it will be possible to
> open RAW image formats of different camera manufacturers natively in
> GIMP without the requirement of additional software. Is this true?

It makes sense for our product vision and there is nothing technically
difficult about it, assuming there is a library around that does the
grunt work, so yes eventually GIMP will be able to do this. The usual
disclaimer still applies: If you want to make sure this happens, help us
with it. Right now there are no work planned explicitly for this.

> 2. Is GIMP going to support (also save to) the PFM file format
> http://gl.ict.usc.edu/HDRShop/PFM/PFM_Image_File_Format.html and will it
> be possible to make HDR information?

If someone writes a plug-in for it, then yes. Nothing the current
members of the core team plans to do though AFAIK.

  / Martin

My GIMP Blog:
"GIMP 2.8 development still under control"