On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 17:55 +0100, peter sikking wrote:

> well, I have still mixed feelings about the whole plan.
> if there is a need for search in a menu structure, then how well is
> that menu structured?

We have tons of plug-ins and the user may install even more. It is
almost impossible to structure them perfectly in a menu hierarchy.

> however, going much further makes it useful.
> searching tooltips is one thing, digging into the manual is next.

That was mentioned from the very beginning. Of course searching in just
the menu labels is not of much use. The search would include the
tool-tips text of course. Combining this with a search in the manual is
however taking this way too far. Then it can't be a GSoC project any