> The basic behavior of this tool would be:
> - you "put" a closed polygon on the image (not limited to 4 handles)
> - you deform the cage, the image is deformed accordingly
> - user can choice if the pixels can go outside of the cage or not. In the
> normal behavior of the Green Coordinates, the pixels can overflow the cage,
> due to the shape preservation.

I looked through the paper and examples there were very impressive.
This tool can be the tool of choice for many use-cases currently
handled by iwarp plugin and perspective transform in a much more
convenient and usable way. As a project it has great potential.

Im thinking, it might make sense to implement it as a gegl op with UI
in gimp. however, we dont have an example of such tool yet...