On 04/04/2010 11:53 AM, Andreas_P wrote:
> Now my proposal: Just look at the upcoming (brand) new version of
> "racket" which is nothing else than the newly renamed and rebranded
> "PLT-Scheme". PLT is (in case you don't know) the bunch of hackers who
> are refining the elements of R6RS-Scheme to a mixture which can sb. call
> "impressive"...

To me, there is only one sensible scripting language to consider when
talking about a major overhaul of the GIMP scripting core, and that is
JavaScript. It is a well-known and understood scripting language with a
bright future (HTML5) and that also is already embraced by the GNOME
community. IMO, putting a big effort on introducing any other scripting
language to GIMP would be futile.

  / Martin

My GIMP Blog:
"GIMP 2.8 development still under control"