On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 12:56 -0400,
saulgo...@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com wrote:

> Script-fu's main limitations are that it is restricted from
> interfacing directly with libgimp -- it only has access to
> functionality as provided by the Procedural DataBase (PDB)

I think I better add a comment here, since there might be a
misunderstanding originating from this sentence. libgimp is the C
wrapper of the Procedural Database. It wraps the PDB into an API that
can be conveniently called from plug-ins written in C. Additionally it
provides read/write access to the tiles of an in-core image. But this
functionality can also be accessed by other language bindings, either
directly or by wrapping the C API in libgimp.