Thanks Sven, very important to know that!
How feasible are these options?

1. Randomly pick a value for each parameter. From what you said (that
it depends a lot on the parameters) this wont give us the best results
but at least we will have a preview.

2. Modify PDB so it can store default parameters and enter their
values in the plug-ins (maintained in one place only)?