On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 02:22:44PM +0200, Jason S. wrote:
> I tried importing the 'fout' function explicitly; it worked.
> from ofstream import fout
> worked just fine. No problems.
Maybe you're overwriting a function or method which is declared elsewere
with the same name and that's why you get your mysterious results?

> The only error info I get is:
> "Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
> RuntimeError: execution error"
Hm.. You're right - not really helpful. Where is '<input>' coming from?
Hm... maybe it is passed as a text or string and executed ...

> which really isnt much to work with- this is what makes PyGimp debugging so
> frustrating. When you're working with .NET, Flash or even C/C++, your compiler
> / interpreter at least gives you some insight into your problem with its error
> messages. PyGimp won't even give me a line number >.<
Does this code work if you put it into a Python module and don't execute
it from within GIMP afterall? There is also a Python console available
in GIMP from where you can start trying to debug your program.

Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanof...@gimp.org