On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Michael Natterer <mi...@gimp.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:18 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> >
> > The GtkToolPalette widget that hosts the buttons is able to nicely
> > distribute available space among the buttons, so I would like to remove
> > the resize constraint and make the toolbox dock window freely
> > resizeable. The attached patch does that.
>
> Yes, the concern is that tool buttons *do* have a fixed size, and I
> really don't think we should scale them. The interface is IMHO
> better with the resize steps. There is no reason to have non-square
> buttons, because it doesn't exactly look good or professional.

By looking at the screenshot I don't think this is true; to the contrary, I
like the look with more space around the buttons, and expect that I would
find it easier to use because it's (a) a bigger target, but more
importantly, (b) I find it a challenge sometimes to find a tool in the newer
versions because many of them tend to blend together for me.  I think more
spacing like this makes them more distinct and easier to discern.

Chris