On 06/22/2010 05:46 AM, Evan LeCompte wrote:
> Myself and many other members of the Archlinux community (and anyone
> using Linux with a tiling window manager for that matter) humbly beg you
> (the developers) for a single-windowed version of GIMP.

Compile git master (or wait for 2.7.1 which will be released soon) and
enable Windows -> Single-window mode.

Still in development, in particular it is not possible to start up in
single-window mode, but at least you'll have your single-windowed GIMP.

In my blog I have some posts regarding the development of the
single-window mode and UI in general.

  / Martin

My GIMP Blog:
"Automatic tab style and removed tab title bar"