On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Eva <eva...@foxmail.com> wrote:
> hello, I'm a beginner of GIMP. I'm developing a plug-in for GIMP. Now I'm
> facing a problem, that is, I want to pick a color for a picture and use it
> as an input to process the picture, but I don't know which api can fulfill
> my task. Can you help me? Thank you very much.
You are looking for the procedure gimp-image-pick-color.
You can see it's documentation here:

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Eva <eva...@foxmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, is there any good advice for a beginner to quickly get into the
> stuff? Any efficient way to use the API reference? Thank you again.
You are probably looking for this page:
Note that the top links in that page are the ones relevant for
development of plugins. The bottom link (titled Gimp Application) is a
documentation of the GIMP's core and is usually not relevant unless
you want to contribute code to GIMP itself.

Good luck with your plugin =)