On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 8:10 AM, xianghang liu <xianghang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the current implementation is in plug-ins/common/mail.c. A
> dialog box is created to collect information
> about 'from', 'to', 'filename' etc and sendmail command is called to
> send the mail. Now this dialog box only
> needs to collect the filename and after that 'xdg-email --attach
> <filename>'  command needs to be called.

Yes - calling 'xdg-email --attach <filename>' should be enough for
most linux setups [0].

I looked at this a long time ago.  See this thread:

I was just beginning to study C at that time, so you should probably
ignore any code from me though ;)

[0] Except that thunderbird has a long-standing bug that causes it to
drop xdg-email attachments, but that is a separate issue.  Evolution
works perfectly the last time I checked.