xianghang liu wrote:

> I think this bug can be fixed by the attached patch.

great. I trust that the solution is the right thing because Martin
pointed out in the bug what should happen and where to repair it.

> I have checked Photoshop CS5 and found it has a similar behavior.

uhm, can I (without drama) say that that proves exactly nothing for us?

in general, a the right UI solution for us is:

- good UI design in general
- fits the context of GIMP (metaphors, models, legacy)

on both counts ps can be pointing in exactly the wrong direction.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works