Hello there,

recently I got sucked somehow into supplying a small patch for GIMP (all
I ever meant to do was to report a bug...). -- and thank you to Sven,
who remained very friendly and patient, despite me getting it all wrong
the first cpuple attempts.
So now that I licked blood I wanted to get involved a bit more. I took
the Color layer mode issue as a good way to get to know the code a bit.

I posted a first patch with new layer modes to

That patch is nowhere ready for inclusion, but good enough to take a
look at.

[ I had already written quite a bit about the patch to this list from a
different (GMX) account, but it seems it didn't get through. -- So
before reposting that again, I'll first see if this comes through...]