I run the current development version of GIMP (2.7.2).

In single window mode I experience a very annoying issue. One example to
reproduce this: choose the brush tool, create a new layer and change it's
opacity with the slider. And now it comes: I want to zoom into the image with
the + and - keys on my keyboard. Or I want to move the displayed detail using
the space bar - before I start painting...
In multi window mode one just had to focus the image window again (hit the
window's title bar) to get those keys working. In single window mode, since all
toolboxes belong to this one window, clicking the title bar doesn't change
anything. Hitting + and - just changes the opacity of the layer, the space bar
expands the selection box for layer modes or alters the layer's visibility. One
actually has to paint onto the image to get it activated and get those keys
working again. But when I want to paint, I need more details - a vicious

Just now I help myself painting somewhere, hitting Ctrl-Z and finally being
able to zoom in. But this is irritating. Maybe GIMP should check where the
mouse pointer is and interpret the keystrokes based on this. Is the pointer on
the image the user prob. wants to zoom, move etc. Is the pointer on the layer
dialogue the user wants to change settings etc.

Actually, this is not an issue of the window modes. The same behaviour occurs
in multi window mode. But, as described above, it's easier to re-focus the
image window over there. Thus, this issue wasn't as annoying as it is now...

So, is this worth a bug report? Or is this a feature request? Or none of all
because I am too stupid to use GIMP correctly?

WEB.DE DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für
nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!* http://web.de/DSL-Doppel-Flatrate/