transparent should be a selectable color, either as foreground or background.

at the very least, I should be able to delete a selection, and the deleted
selection should optionally make the selection transparent.

for some reason, I think with the plugins I have installed in 2.6.10 windows
(don't know which one of the hundreds), toolbox properties is not being shown.
the bottom half of the toolbox doesn't show all the useful properties and
settings for fonts, brushes, colors, etc.  and I can't seem to fix gimp except
to remove *all* the plugins.  Where can I find a help forum?

Jim Michaels (my personal site, has software) (group which I lead)
Computer memory/disk size measurements:
[KB KiB] [MB MiB] [GB GiB] [TB TiB]

Note: disk size is measured in MB, GB, or TB, not in MiB, GiB, or TiB.
memory (RAM) is measured in MiB and GiB.