I had been using GIMP 2.6.10 in XP Pro SP2. I have loaded pspi.exe.  I needed
to try a for me, essential *.8bf plugin 'Altostorm Rectilinear Panorama Pro
v1.3 which works in Photoshop CS2 and Paint Shop Pro 9.02. I set the
Preferences folder and as instructed, restarted GIMP.
On the restart I got "Are you sure you want to completely remove Altostorm
Rectilinear Panorama Pro v1.3 and all its components?" - NO. and GIMP loaded.
But now I cannot open any image files.
I get "Opening 'path' failed". "Unknown file type"
ie. PNG, PSD, even JPG which all opened before.
Any suggestions?

--
pjbw (via www.gimpusers.com)