On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 06:23:37PM -0700, Bill Skaggs wrote:
> That's actually supposed to be supported already.  You should be able to use
> a guide
> with the alignment tool exactly as though it is an infinitely long layer of
> zero width.

As primary object I have the choice to select:
 - picture
 - selection
 - active layer
 - active channel
 - active patth

There is no "active guide", as all guides are active at the same time,
so I never heard of that. And there is no option "guides" at all.

So I can't center an object around a guide.
(Or did I miss some hidden behaviour of the tool?)

But you are right for the other way around: a guide can be postioned
relative to the other objects.