newbies who are using GIMP are always asking where is the scanner support.
why? because they can't find it.
File->Create is not intuitive, nor does it imply anything about scanners.

File->Acquire would be more appropriate.  maybe even File->Scanners if you want
to be obvious (which is even better!).

but I can tell you from a thought process and human usability standpoint that
grouping it under File->Create makes no rational, reasoning sense.

at least keep the scanner stuff separate and make it obvious that it's for

scanners are I think a very important part of any imaging tool, and deserve
direct access, and even warrant a button.

Jim Michaels (my personal site, has software) (group which I lead)
Computer memory/disk size measurements:
[KB KiB] [MB MiB] [GB GiB] [TB TiB]

Note: disk size is measured in MB, GB, or TB, not in MiB, GiB, or TiB.
memory (RAM) is measured in MiB and GiB.