On 08/27/10 12:39, yahvuu wrote:
> On 27.08.2010 07:32, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> If people have troubles finding the Layers dockable, we should instead
>> look into making it more discoverable, like adding a 'Dockables' top
>> menu or moving them directly under 'Windows' instead of having a sub menu.
>
> What about naming it the 'Dialogs' menu?
>
> -- 'Dockables' sounds like implementation slang to me. And the 'Windows'
> menu becomes confusing in single-window-mode.

Well dockable is a adjective so it begs the question: dockable what?

I agree this is implementation terminology that probably should not be
on the GUI.

I find calling these dialogs to be part of the confusion (as well as
being buried) . A dialogue suggest some kind of direct one-off
interaction, like entering image scaling information and pressing OK,
not a utility window I put on one side to be used from time to time.

Since they are indeed windows , I  don't see much wrong with that term.

/gg